The project

Referring to the unofficial twinnings that reflect Berlin’s current immigrant population instead of the official equivalents of the city, the project explores the city’s long tradition of urban horticulture and reveals ideas of health in the widest sense: as balance and imbalance as well as on a societal and personal level, looking at how people navigate and share resources within a city.

mercoledì 18 maggio 2011

Once I tried to cook a soup for my husband using ground elder...

Once I tried to cook a soup for my husband using ground elder. It is a very invasive plant but if you like you can eat it like spinach or put it in the tea to clean your body. However I did it when the leaves were too big and it was awful... my poor husband!
 
 
stephanie keck's plot


I think that I would not like to have a plot in another garden, because elsewhere the fences are very narrow, everybody can look at each others, everything has to be very very clean... our garden is looser. I prefer it like this.

children area
My parents got this garden when I was 4, now I am 37. We have two wonderful cherry trees some tomatoes and herbs but mainly lots of flowers. We mostly use the garden for our free time and our children love it and also we live quite near... When I was a child my mum made a lot of marmalades, now I do myself and bake apple cakes in the autumn. Besides cultivating I like to do the hard work in the garden and I prefer to do it by myself without the help of my husband as I work in social work in Neukölln and gardending for me is a way of relaxing.

POG map
In the past we had a lot of alcoholics. When I was 20 or something like that, there was an article on the “Die Spiegel” interviewing two men of the garden and in the picture they were sitting in a children’s pool drinking beer, it was very funny! Now we do not have them anymore. Many people have changed in the colony. Now we have few Turkish, some Arabs, and some homosexuals...


Stephanie Keck, German, POG, Bezirksverband Charlottenburg der Kleingärtner e.V.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento