The project

Referring to the unofficial twinnings that reflect Berlin’s current immigrant population instead of the official equivalents of the city, the project explores the city’s long tradition of urban horticulture and reveals ideas of health in the widest sense: as balance and imbalance as well as on a societal and personal level, looking at how people navigate and share resources within a city.

lunedì 9 maggio 2011

I like to spend my time in the garden studying and playing music with my friends

Paulina with some friend playing music in her allotment

My father moved from Columbia to Berlin almost twenty years ago and we got the garden just two years after we applied for it.  We have a lot of beans over here, plus potatoes, carrots, cherries, basilicum, melissa and camomille. I like to spend my time in the garden studying and playing music with my friends even if we are the only ones our ages. The others usually are older, mostly my parents' age. They know and meet a lot of people here in the colony, though some can be a little bit conservative and a little strange with immigrants and homosexuals. Some of them are the ones with the German flag waving on their plot, but not all of them. The others are just proud to be Germans.
Anna Paulina Solano Miller, German-Columbian, POG, Bezirksverband Charlottenburg der Kleingärtner e.V.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento